Monday, January 12, 2009

Famous last words: "Last game."

Follow up to last post about the latest time waster...

Words that they mispronounced and screwed up my game:

What they wanted v. What they said
Grooming v. Gruelling
Skein v. Skane (OK, I admit I have no idea what that is)
Contemptuous v. Contentious
Bouncy v. Fancy (not kidding!)
Court v. Chord

Stupid British accents!

After a particularly frustrating British-accent-sabotaged game, my score was 666. How apropos. (Pronounce THAT, you British #&#$ers....it's FRENCH.)

All you other poor suckers who have fallen victim to the British accent, post your agonies here.

[Addendum: Right after I posted this I went and played again. And they wanted me to spell "apropos", but they pronounced it "AHP-pro-po" instead of "Ah-PRO-PO"! Then I died when they wanted me to spell "floor" but pronounced it "flaw". Stupid British accents!!!!]

3 comments:

DragonX said...

I think I messed up "laud" with "lord". And "seem" with "seam".

They have those hints but you have to take your hand off the keyboard and click on them, they should just display those automatically.

Although I guess deciphering stupid british accents may be more productive than pouring the hours of your life into facebook.

Rose Petal said...

You know, I don't mind using the word hints. Except I don't usually need a hint to spell F-L-A-W. Or L-O-R-D, for that matter. Otherwise I'd have to get the word hint for EVERY SINGLE word.

GY said...

It asked me to spell "though", but I swear it came out as "VO", and the word help wasn't helpful at all.