I'm SO procrastinating right now - should be studying but after the crazy conversation with my mother now I have to vent about it.
Shouldn't a mother want the best for her daughter? Why should she be forced to go out with any Joe Schmoe who asks just so she doesn't stay in this horrible, lonely, depressing, disgraceful, pathetic, hell-on-earth state of unmarriage?
"You're 2_ years old you know, it's not like you're 23 anymore - why won't you go out with him? How do you know you're not interested if you've only met him once?"
Shouldn't the fact that I'm not interested be enough for her? Why do I have justify it? And why is she pushing so hard anyways? Oh, it's because:
"You don't want to end up the only one of your friends unmarried. It will be very lonely when you're 35 and have no husband and all of your friends are getting married and they're going to ignore you."
WHAT? So just because my friends get married they're not going to be my friends anymore?
Not that I don't want to get married, but I don't see my unmarried state as lonely and pathetic. The way I look at it, my mother is the one who's desperate for me to get married - not me. So LEAVE ME ALONE. Don't push your neuroses on me. I have enough of my own.
OH! I forgot the best part. "It's not like you're young anymore. You're not tall and attractive." Hahahahahahaha - it would really be funny if it wasn't so friggin insulting.
God, please grant me patience. And please give my mother understanding and sensitivity.
Saturday, October 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment