Tuesday, April 05, 2005

HML-O-METER

This is the OFFICIAL meter reading for Woe only - it is OFFICIALLY UNSANCTIONED by the HML governing council, as per Bullpen L.

0 - I'm in paradise. Life will never feel this good again.
1 - Then I am forced to wake up and get out of bed in the morning.
2 - Now I'm at work.
3 - Rejected by candidate on cold call.
4 - Rejected by client on marketing call.
5 - Actually speak to someone! It's a client! Client rejects my candidates.
6 - Client tells me that I'm an idiot for sending the candidate, they're firing me.
7 - Actually speak to a candidate! Candidate rejects my client.
8 - Candidate tells me they hate me, don't ever call them again.
9 - Client accepts my candidate, refuses to pay me.
10 - I kill myself and enter the gates of hell.

I see that this is just a work thing. There need to be various other readings, such as:

8 - Accidentally saved an auto-recovered document over the document I really needed. Now have to look like an idiot to tech support to get the older document back.

9 - Cell phone provider screws me repeatedly by rejecting my polite requests for decent customer service & a free phone. I waste hours and hours of my time. At my current hourly salary, that would be worth....$0.

Of course, the level of these events will automatically increase depending on the number of HML events that have already occurred during the day. An event normally at level 1 would be escalated to level 8 if it was 5 pm and multiple level 1 events have already occured.

There, BPL - just for you!!! UNSANCTIONED!!!

No comments: